How to add Google Fonts to your images
Once you’ve chosen the fonts for your website, you can add Google Fonts to your images to make them fit in with the rest of your site. It’s really easy to do and I’m going to take you through it step-by-step.
6 steps to add Google Fonts to your images
- Go to Google Fonts and find the font you want to use on your images. Click the Add to Collection button.
- In the top right corner, there are two buttons: Bookmark and Download. Click Download for the font you’ve chosen.
- You will get a pop-up with several possibilities to download. We’re keeping it simple and are not installing any unnecessary programs, so click the .zip file link to download your font in a .zip file.
- Open the .zip file you’ve just downloaded. If you can’t open .zip files, I recommend installing 7-zip, which is free and allows you to open .zip files.
- Depending on the font you’ve downloaded, you will see one or several font files inside the zip package. If there’s just one file or if you only want to use one of them, you can simply double-click the file. This will bring up a preview of the font. Click the Install button at the top of the preview window (Windows) or Install font at the bottom of the preview window (Mac OS 10.3 and up).
- If you want to install more fonts, installing them can be time-consuming. You can save time by installing them by selecting all the files you want, copying them (Ctrl + C or Cmd + C), and then pasting them into the Fonts folder on your computer. On Windows, this usually is C:\Windows\Fonts. On Mac, you can paste them into /Library/Fonts (for all users) or into /Users/Your_username/Library/Fonts (for you only).
Once you’ve installed the fonts, you can use your photo editor to add text to your images. The font will be available in the list of fonts you can use in your photo editor.
Get the 70 tools every online service-based business needs!
Click the button below to get it, free!